Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Horrible Day

Today is one of the worst days I have had ever. My oldest was refusing to go to school and threatened to run away or hurt himself. I finally had to get him in the vehicle, struggling with him the entire time. I get to the school and he refuses to get out. I go inside the school to get help when I hear my alarm going off. He jumped out of the car and took of running, but I had no idea in Which direction. So after 30 minutes of driving around the heighborhood I return to the school. They decided to call the police. After 30 min of talking with the police, I continue to drive around the neighborhood. After returning home, I find him in our backyard. I call the police to let them know I found him and they were coming over to talk to him. While talking to them, he admitted he said he wanted to hurt himself. Because of that, by law, they had to call anambulance to take him to the hospital to get evaluated. We sta there for a few hours just for the counselor to say he can not determine anything because my son would not talk to him. So now I have to schedule him for a psyche eval at an outpatient behavioral health center. To top it all off, he didn't want to go toschool because of schoolwork. Today was a half day. He would have already been home while we were at the hospital if he had just gone to school. Wish me luck tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

Do I need to even bother saying it?