Monday, October 18, 2010

Hopefully, the end is near

So, today is Day 19 of my wife being hospitalized and me playing all the roles in the household. Playing my usual roles of the father, the provider, the disciplinarian, I have also added mother, launderer, cook, taxi driver, maid, servant, etc...I am waiting to hear back from the hospital today, but she may be released tomorrow or Wednesday and I am so looking forward to it. These last three weeks have just torn me apart. I had gone 10 days without drinking until I cracked and that was 6 days after she was hospitalized. I am currently on Day 2 now. My birthday was last Saturday and the last night I drank. I am just getting too old to do it anymore.

School is still going well even with my new involvement with Facebook and especially Farmville. I finished up my History class last week with another A and began a math class. I have no idea what this class is, but it does involve numbers and letters and symbols I have never seen before. I finished all the way up to pre-calculus/trigonometry in high School and have never seen this stuff. So we will see how it goes. Today finishes week 1 and I should have the first week's grades in a few days.

Well, that is all I have been occupied with over the last 3 weeks. Don't have much else to talk about in my non-exciting life. I know a few years ago, it used to be more exciting, but then I moved and got away from a lot of people. Now I have been settling down over the last two years.

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Heh, yer a puss.

Yeah, ya got all yer kids, and you are not happy. They got issues. Have you talked to them.... oh wait, ya have.

(slap) (slap)

get over it. Everyone with kids have issues.

Yah, yer issues are different than 97% of us... do we care? NO!

Reverend Mother said...

Son - I have been reviewing your comments - and must say your brother is wrong on one thing - your mother does care. I pray for you for strength and endurance. Your life that you have chosen is not easy, but you have chosen to stick it out and make the best of it. I am proud of you for that. Most men could not handle what you have had to go through. Love you