Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The return

Well, I just got back from my trip to IN. Got to see family members I haven't seen in a long time on both sides of the family. Even got to see my little sister and her son. Took a lot of pictures on the drive from Elkhart to Indianapolis. I miss it so much. So much that I have already talked to my wife about possibly moving back to IN in a few years. I need to stay here for a few years and when I am ready for my next promotion, I will just get promoted out there and change my civilian job out there. No guarantee on where in IN it will be, but as long as it is between Indianoplis and Northern IN, it will be fine. Granted, I went there during the summer time, I do know how bad it can get in the winter, but I am willing to get out of 115+ temperatures and have half a year of snow. I am tired of how cramped these houses are and worried that I can't let my kids play outside unless I am with them. A lot of the places in IN have huge yards and you don't have to worry about the kids playing outside in the yard. That and I miss the fishing.

While at my Aunt's in Mooresville, I caught 8 fish in about an hour and a half....out of a pond. 3 good sized catfish, a bass, and 4 small bluegills. It was fun and I want to share that with my kids. Here in AZ, it is just too darn hot to fish and it is a drive to go anywhere to fish. I would also be close to family whether they are cousins or uncles or aunts or whatever. And away from the in-laws. My wife has said in the past she wanted to move out of state. We had thought of CO previously, but I am leaning more to IN. Anyways, we shall see how things go over the next couple of years and hopefully, I will be able to do it.

No comments: