Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I know...you missed me...yeah right

I know I don't post as much as I used to, but get over it. At least I still get on periodically to jot a few things down. I finally had this past weekend off after no days off for five weeks. Between drills and travelling to conferences it was catching up to me. This past Saturday I went and hiked the Flat Iron trail at the Superstition Mountains. We will be doing a road march there in May for drill so I wanted to see how difficult it was. My thighs are still hurting today. It was a tough hike, but I enjoyed it. I think I might start hiking more. I think I have been getting into a health kick lately. I have the warrior dash coming up on the 30th, which is a 5k run with obstacles, and I am already looking at doing the Spartan Race next year in February, which is 8+ miles with obstacles. We'll see.

Still nothing new with the oldest. His appointment is on the 26th for us to find out more. The school he is attending finally switched him over to where after lunch, he goes to middle school as they are trying to slowly reintroduce him back into an average size classroom. They may be switching him back to his original school next year, but we will have to wait for a definite answer. They may have a special program set up at that school by then, but again it also depends on results that come back from different sources.

The middle child made honor roll again. He wants to get involved in a program called Young Marines, which to me looks like Boy Scouts/Military. I am ok with it, but I have to ensure he can attend the first 9 weeks once we enroll him as he cannot miss it. It is like their bootcamp. Yeah, right.

The youngest is doing fine though she is growing up way too fast. The boys have taught her too much and she is starting to wear make up...yeah, thanks Aunt and cousin. She also now knows our house number so her friends are always calling and she is always on the phone. Well, it keeps the bill collectors from bothering us...lol.

Other than that, I guess everything is fine. Watched Little Fockers the other day. A little funny, but not as good as the first. Also watched RED HILL, which was an Australian movie, so it was pretty slow. Maybe pick some movies out tonight, but not sure yet. Well, that's it for now.

1 comment:

Sis said...

Keep me out of that one! You can blame Tricia for the makeup! Besides, every little girl wants to look "grown up".