Monday, September 20, 2010

What a weekend

So, I had drill this past weekend which consisted of getting to the unit at 3am to prepare to bus out to CA to go to the range. my armor goes into the arms room to get our weapons and his passcode to turn off the alarm was not working. He called higher up to see what the problem was to find out he was removed from having access. he was told to lock up and get out or they will send the police. So we did not remove any weapons. i called the 1SG to let him know we were not bringing weapons. An hour and a half later, the police showed up. Luckily we were able to notify the police before they arrived of the situation, which was good because they had already alerted the SWAT team and canines to come out. By us calling, they just sent two patrol cars.

We then get to the range to qualify without weapons. We were told to use other Soldiers weapons to qualify. The problem? The Soldiers had already zeroed, but had not qualified yet so we were told to zero with their weapons without making adjustments to them and then qualify with them. You can not qualify with a weapon that is not zeroed for yourself. Needless to say, half my Soldiers don't know how to do "Kentucky windage" and did not qualify. I did, not as good as I usually do, but I still qualified.

So, that was my weekend. Oh, and then to find out when we go out to the range in March, the 1SG will not be there. So he informed me this past weekend, I will be the acting 1SG for March's drill. Gee, thanks. I hope I am commissioned by then.

No comments: